JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
Place Title: Safety Supervisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
This scope of labor (SOW) units forth the providers to be supplied by the Safety Supervisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an affiliate firm of Chemonics Worldwide Inc. within the implementation of the USAID World Well being Provide Chain – Procurement and Provide Administration (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
Background: The aim of the USAID World Well being Provide Chain Program–Procurement and Provide Administration single award IDIQ contract is to make sure uninterrupted provides of well being commodities to forestall struggling, save lives, and create a brighter future for households around the globe. The IDIQ has three activity orders that instantly assist the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Aid (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s household planning and reproductive well being program. GHSC-PSM offers well being commodity procurement providers and techniques strengthening technical help that deal with all parts of a complete provide chain. All three activity orders are applied in Nigeria.
The Safety Supervisor (SM) might be answerable for managing the safety platform which can assist all venture operations in Nigeria. S/he’ll develop a robust understanding of Chemonics company safety insurance policies and procedures and apply these in a constant and considerate method to the particular necessities of all applications in Nigeria. The SM may even supervise two regional safety managers to make sure common coordination and consistency of safety procedures throughout Nigeria. S/he might be answerable for constructing and enhancing strategic relationships with key authorities ministries (e.g. Nigeria Ministry of Protection) and the Nigerian safety sector, together with creating relationships with native safety professionals, NGO/IP safety managers, and safety forces. S/he should additionally give you the option work with and coordinate with varied stakeholders in nation and the Chemonics Company workplace, whereas demonstrating sound judgment and a excessive degree of discretion.
Principal Duties and Obligations (Important Features)
- Lead the event of the safety platform. Develop complete and practical safety protocols for program operations in all 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria which might be compliant with Chemonics security and safety insurance policies and procedures. Work carefully with the venture technical and operations groups to create tailor-made processes to guard venture workers, belongings and commodities.
- Supervise safety advisors. Handle direct-line safety advisors and guarantee applicable skilled requirements, development, and efficiency.
- Construct and improve safety relationships. Set up relationships with native legislation enforcement, civil authorities and improvement organizations for the aim of acquiring probably the most present info affecting the safety of this system. Liaise with native safety forces, beneficiaries and members of the workforce and set up a community of contacts who can present info regularly. In coordination with the tasks’ senior management, proceed rigorous liaising and networking with applicable worldwide safety sources different donors, and their tasks. The targets are to be well-informed of dangers and greatest practices, construct strategic and tactical alliances that assist venture objectives, domesticate the stream of well timed and actionable info, and proceed to ascertain Chemonics’ management within the safety neighborhood.
- Present management, strategic steerage, and administration for particular safety necessities. These embrace however aren’t restricted to: normal and facility safety assessments; occasion safety; safety for workers touring in and round Nigeria; assist for regional assessments and/or venture actions in threat areas; and any scenario which may threaten the security of workers and operations. Make suggestions for safety enhancements and modifications and be sure that accepted suggestions are applied.
- Handle Safety Supplier Efficiency. Handle safety subcontractors and optimize the subcontractor’s efficiency with actions that embrace inspections and audits, making certain compliance with necessities outlined within the subcontract SOW, steerage and directions for remedial actions, and oversight to make sure efficient and environment friendly use of sources. Notably, work carefully with the Nation Safety Director to coach the safety suppliers to the programmatic method and methodology.
- Conduct incident and scenario reporting. Attain out to workers and contacts for native and regional updates on safety. Compile and disperse well timed and correct safety updates, suggestions for adjustments in posture, and different related info to the senior administration workforce and/or workers in-person or by way of e-mail, cellphone, or SMS. Transmit safety alerts for rising conditions and report all security-related incidents involving Chemonics workers. Present reviews as requested to senior administration workforce that seize main occasions and any influence on workers or program supply. Present steerage with risk info and advice on journey previous to any area journeys exterior of Abuja, to incorporate offering space particular emergency contact info (native hospitals, police stations, and so on.).
- On an activity-by-activity foundation, implement the potential to function safely. In coordination with the senior administration workforce, handle the implementation and high quality management of safety insurance policies and the usual working procedures. This contains: making certain sound safety plans that allow the mission whereas assembly Chemonics requirements; drawback fixing particular safety points; figuring out useful resource necessities; and vetting and collection of safety sources for a consistently enhancing platform.
- Handle and repeatedly improve the Chemonics safety administration program. Lead Chemonics disaster and incident administration preparations and response in Nigeria, in coordination with tasks’ senior management. On this regard: replace, as applicable, the venture emergency motion plans and corresponding enterprise continuity plans to make sure a fail-safe emergency communications system; clear emergency duties and tasks; and techniques that foster quick, deliberate, and coordinated workforce responses. Conduct state of affairs coaching and check workouts and guarantee emergency continuity. Act as native incident coordinator. Facilitate coaching as required, and periodic drills at every venture workplace and residential location; together with lodge lodging for brief time period workers. Guarantee all workers are briefed on all security and safety issues for venture personnel arriving in nation from abroad—to incorporate info on safety dangers, incident within the area.
- Strengthen venture workers safety expertise and habits. Suggest workers coaching program and monitor completion and compliance. This contains common briefings, safety tips, communication procedures, journey precautions, emergency procedures and motion restrictions (as wanted).
- Bachelor’s diploma in a related area
- Sturdy contextual information of the safety setting in Nigeria.
- 6 or extra years of expertise in safety administration and oversight of safety platforms.
- Demonstrated skill to generate and leverage community connections to be able to promote an correct understanding of threat and strengthen information of nation context.
- Confirmed effectiveness in conducting liaison actions in complicated and high-risk environments.
- Prior skilled expertise working in legislation enforcement or navy coupled with non-public sector work expertise most well-liked.
- Information of U.S. authorities and USAID processes and rules most well-liked.
- Properly-connected with native Nigerian authorities and worldwide NGOs working in Nigeria, in addition to possessing a excessive skill to construct strategic relationships and increase community.
- Confirmed experience in Nigerian safety points, together with present risk setting, safety coverage, key actors, threat evaluation, and greatest practices.
- Expertise offering safety oversight to a world donor program fascinating.
- Capability to report back to and coordinate with a number of stakeholders, each inside and exterior.
- Expertise in coaching civilians on security and safety measures.
- Wonderful written and oral communication and interpersonal expertise.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Sturdy drawback fixing and analytical expertise
- Wonderful communication expertise
- Wonderful technical writing expertise
- Good interpersonal expertise: should perform properly in a workforce setting.
- Capability to satisfy deadlines.
- Coaching facilitation expertise is a plus.
The Safety Supervisor will report on to the Nigeria Nation Safety Director. The Safety Supervisor will conduct check-ins with Chemonics company workplace SMU. The Chemonics SMU will present general strategic assist to the Nigeria PSM safety platform and can function the important thing point of interest for selections that influence all the safety platform and in circumstances of emergency. They may even keep open communication with the Chemonics Company workplace Undertaking Administration Unit (PMU) concerning any influence that safety associated issues may have on venture implementation. The Safety Supervisor shall embrace the SMU and PMU on any communications with safety subcontractors which have implications concerning the associated fee and/or efficiency.
Working Situations/Period of Task
This can be a long-term place for the lifetime of the contract based mostly in Abuja, Nigeria.
How you can apply
Certified Candidates ought to click on the hyperlink under to view the JD/scope of labor and apply: https://chemonics-ghsc-psm-nga.formstack.com/varieties/531_260_419_security_manager